A partial list of some of the bigger events organized by Body Research that do not precisely fit into the categories of ‘workshop’ or ‘performance’
- The Berkeley New Year’s Contact Jam (2015 and ongoing): a convivial contact gathering to pass the new year organized as a fundraiser for environmental and social justice causes
- The Dancing Wilderness Project (1997 and ongoing): an ongoing laboratory for the explorations of the interconnections amongst body-based creative process, wilderness experience, and how we choose to live our lives
- The Very Affordable Davis/Berkeley Contact Jam (2010-2012 Davis and 2014 Berkeley): a regional weekend gathering for contact practice. Inspired ongoing seasonal low-cost weekend contact jams at the Finnish Hall in Berkeley.
- The Sierra Contact Improvisation Festival (2008-2013): a horizontally oriented contact improvisation festival for experienced contactors
- The Yuba Life Art Project (2006): a month of open creative laboratory while camping out on the S Fork Yuba River
- Contact Camp at Burning Man (2005-2008): a nexus within the greater festival of Burning Man for contact improvisers collaborating together to give the gift of contact improvisation and related arts to the citizens of Black Rock City
- The Lasqueti Winter Improvisation Intensive (2000-2003): a 3 month, full-time intensive in improvisational performance work, contact improvisation, and somatic investigations on rural Lasqueti Island. Investigations in practice, performance, and pedagogy