The 3rd annual Berkeley New Year’s Contact Jam
When: Friday to Monday, 29 December 2017 to 1 January 2017
What: a 4-day weekend of lightly facilitated and financially accessible space for the practice and exploration of contact improvisation,
a fundraiser for environmental and social justice causes!
One day longer than last year! Organized by Karl Frost and Finnish Hall hosts Miriam and Andy Wolodarski-Lundberg
In the 16/17 Jam, we raised over $9400 for good causes! ‘hoping to top that for 17/18!
We present another weekend of open contact improvisation practice organized accessibly, with funds going to help good people doing important work to make this a better world. The idea is to have an open weekend of space for practice and exploration with just enough facilitation to help it all hang together. You can expect…
- facilitated warm-up and mixer scores leading into open dancing
- a mix of silent jam space and jam space with soundscape and live music in the evenings
- TWO studios to play in, to allow both open dancing and structured exploration
- Afternoon scores:
- basics-oriented classes Saturday and Sunday to help newer dancers integrate and feel at home.
- open ended encuentro-style community discussions to inform our practice
- Access to the dining room and kitchen space downstairs
- Basic, simple meals and regular refreshments and snacks provided (with an invitation to add in with potluck extras and desserts to share)
- space for out-of towners to stay at the hall (bring your own bedding!)
- expected attendance 90 to 100
This year, there will be a pre-Jam workshop and lab taught and facilitated by Karl Frost. Intended for dancers who have already had at least an introduction to contact improvisation, the workshop/lab will be specifically focused on deepening the jam experience for ourselves and collaborating on creating a richer jam experience for all. For more details, follow the link.
Contact: for more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
also, sign in on the Facething page to keep in touch about updates about things like schedule, offerings, etc.
pay what you can within the range
|registered by||December 28||December 15||November 24||November 10||October 31|
to register, you can either paypal directly to email@example.com or use the paypal button at the bottom
There is Work Exchange available. write for more info.